Sunday, March 21, 2010

HARI KELUARGA SAUDARA KITA-FAMILY DAY OF MUSLIM CONVERTS

The day has finally arrived. I always look forward to a holiday, what more a holiday with my family and friends. It was supposed to be held last year but due to unforseen circumstances, it was postponed for more times then I could remember. It was raining (I love the rain......but not on a family day...) on travelling day...Saturday 20.3.2010. Our Destination " Desaru Golden Beach Resort-Johor Bahru". Not too far. My family left home at 11.40a.m. Lots of road construction along Ulu Tiram, on the way to Kota Tinggi. Slowed us down a bit.No Problem, as long as I'm not driving...LOL. We reached the Resort at 1 p.m. Nobody that I know were around, so went to enquire at the Reception, just in case I come to the wrong hotel.....They said some of my friends had already arrived and already checked in. So......checked in lah...what to do.....
Around 2.30p.m. , we went to the nearby town at Bandar Penawar for lunch . Came back to lobby at 3.30p.m. 1st game already started, that is building the tallest tower......made of straw...Heard that some life guards were doing some rescue operations as somebody were having trouble in the sea. So, being a "Kepoh chi" (Busybody), I headed for the beach...alone, since my children already went down minutes ago. I thought I'll play the next game at 4.00p.m.....jigsaw puzzle. The sands of this beach is very soft and my heavy self sank few inches with each step I took...having a difficult time walking on the beach. At a distance,I saw a crowd and headed there....and guess what...to my great embarassment, I tripped and fell....aiyoh...so malu lah......Even far away, I can see that the Life guards were trying to pull somebody to shore but the strong waves kept pushing them away from the beach.....more life guards were standing by with some ropes.....after about 20 minutes after I reached the beach, they finally pulled the poor swimmer up. Found out that they only managed to pull up this swimmer as there's another one lost in the sea and they are looking for him. Back to the 1st swimmer, naturally he was unconsious as he was at sea for more than a hour. They tried to revive him but was unsuccessly. He's already dead.....I felt so shivery. First time I witnessed such a gruesome incident....I stood there for a few more minutes to see if they can find the other swimmer. A few onlookers and myself saw the body being tossed about in the strong waves, it was quite near to where I was standing, about 30 feet, but when the life guards got to the spot, it dissappeared I think it went further out as the lifeguards went further out as well. I really feel sorry for the grieving boy beside the 1st swimmer....totally forgot about our game.......I left after 1 hour, heard the next morning that the 2nd swimmer was found and he didn't survive either........These incidents really makes one repent as we don't know when is our calling....


The guys played this game in the swimming pool. There's 2 teams, each team hv to throw the ball into a small pail.....they had so much fun.


In this game the players have to collect as many ping pong balls as possible. My children collected a miserable 7 balls compared to the winners with 25 balls......



Later, the Guys played Beach Football.....well on the first evening, it's all about the Guys.......








During the dinner there was a Motivational Talk and lucky draws ranging from electrical items to cheap tupperwares. Yrs truly had
a bag of snacks...well !!


Next morning, we started with...what else...aerobics.....awesome, had not exercise for decades......ok...guilty...


Who is stronger, grownups or teenagers ? This "Tarik Tali" had me in a state of suspension all the time, hoping that nobody faints.



I regretted not joining this game, the person in front hv to fill up a garbage bag with water, tie it up, then passed it (without looking behind) to the last person to fill up 2 bottles.The team who filled up the 2 bottles first wins.....


This game is not for the weak hearted as each player hv to put his hand in the middle of the hoop, go round the hoop 1o times and run back to his team, some fell b4 they start to run and some ran like a crap, their brain had gone haywire after going round the hoopla 10 times, haha.....



Treasure Hunt....well, not exactly, these players hv to dig and look for potatoes and chillies hidden in the sand.




Free & Easy before lunch and checkout.





All in all, it was a very nice holiday, except for the "drowning" part where 2 persons lost their lives......for more pictures, add me in facebook to view these pictures.....FB email : sebran@pd.jaring.my, yahoo : salinaerabdullah@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment