Friday, September 2, 2011

A VISIT TO HUBBY'S ABANDONED HEIRLOOM



Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away, now it looks as though they're here to stay.............well, this  song comes to mind when we visited my husband's  family's  old heirloon, their abandoned  house  from  years yonder. Or should I say heritage. Not so long ago .....somewhere  mid  age for me. If  it was more years, it would be during my childhood days. Anyway, back to the main topic... It was during  the 3rd day of Eid Al-Fitri  which falls on 03.9.11. It co-incides with the rambutan season  and  we get to gather as my sister-in-law's husband  got his "once in a blue moon" leave. I  just couldn't remember when  was the last time we gathered. Seemed  ages  ago. The  gathering was between  my family  and  my three sister-in-laws  from Ipoh (whose  husband rarely get to take Hari Raya  leave), Pahang  and Kuala  Lumpur.
Normally, we would spend  2nd day of Eid Aidil  Fitri  at  my sis-in-law's  house in Bukit Gambir . We would spend a few hours at her home, then  visit other relatives but this year was different. We  decided  to stay a night in Muar  but prefered  to be comfortable , so my Ipoh sister-in-law's  husband  who is a police  booked  3 apartments  at the new Police block  at 6th Mile Bakri-Muar. The  new  blocks are  police quarters  with 1 block used as transit  for Police attending courses  and for those police who needs  accomodation like us....haha.
Well, like I said, on the 3rd  day of  Eid Al-Fitri, we visited  my husband's old neighbour   "Mak Uda"  who  was kind enough to look after  the old abandoned  house  and keep the premises  clean. And, while the ladies chatted with Mak Uda, the men impatiently started to pluck the fruits of  my late mother-in-law's labour....or shall I say ....some relatives'  labour, if ever...........now, not to bore the readers (if any)  further, and I've run out of words, I've loaded some pictures  and the rest are up to your imaginations.


My Son Rafi Relaxing the the Aprtmt
View From My Family's Aprtmt




 
The New Police Block at 6th Mile
Bakri-Muar











Lots To Chat about.
 












The Small  Hall  of the Heirloom  House.


The  Kitchen


Eerie  Cloth hanging from the ceiling.











Dead  Frog....LOL

The Grown up Cousins.


















Faiz trying his hand plucking
the Rambutans with a pole.














Readers  who wants to see  more photos can meet me inn Facebook  at this email : salinaerabdullah@yahoo.com.  Hmm, I wonder when  my extended family  will meet again  with a "full house" presense. Who knows, once the children are married, I doubt  they'll  be joining  this group  for the yearly meets................Wait, before  I end  this blog, sorry  for the dis-organised  pictures..hehe..not  pc  savvy....anyone  interested  in modifying this page?  No service  charge, please..

No comments:

Post a Comment