Saturday, October 23, 2010

SIGS Form 5 Graduation-Majlis Anugerah Seribu Bintang Sejuta Kenangan.

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to view my blog, even if you don't read it,  at least you have come a knocking. Yes, after a long interval I've decided  to come to my blog again to pen down a few words. This morning I attended  the "Majlis Anugerah Seribu Bintang Sejuta Kenangan " of my daughter's  school-Sultan Ibrahim Girls' School-JB. It was a Graduation ceremony of sorts for Form 5/Upper Six school girls. During my time, Graduation is always for College or University Students. And the SPM /STP exams  have not even started. Anyway, it was a joyful  and proud occassion for me. It started with the welcoming dance, only something went wrong with the music or the Speaker Systems and it got started off on a wrong note, anyway, they made up with the wondrous choir.
The Choir Team with their wondrous voice and vocals.






I particularly liked the choral speaking team presented  by various uniform groups. They really depicts  the reality of  the way the students gave excuses  for being late for their curriculums, sports etc.....with lots of action, mind you. Very Entertaining.

The Coral Speakers  full of action during the finale of their speech...........

After  the above presentations,  the Headmistress and The Representative of The Member of Parliment were called upon to give a speech.....one after the other. Halfway through my eyes  started to droop and my memories took over with  reminsces of my own school days more than 30 years ago. My thoughts of yesteryears were more prominent  with a slide being played of the "graduates" schooldays. How I long for those happy days......

Finally the speeches were over and  more performances were presented. My sentimental self was so touched by the 1Malaysia Concert, touched because of the racial harmony in Malaysia  and the Wonderful Choreography...did I spell  that right?  After  the performances, awards  were presented for those who stands out for various achievements. I was actually  quite teary eyed....how embarassing...only I supposed no one noticed it. Finally it was over and we all adjourned to the field for the final performance which is the Marching Band. All in all, it was a worthy outing for me and hubby.


 The  Indian  Dance.


Representative of Puteri Islam Receiving  one  of the awards.
The  Marching  Band Performance.
With  Daughter  And  Hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment