Monday, December 31, 2012

Family Holiday-18-22.12.12

It's been  a long time since I've updated my blogs. I can't even  remember what I blogged  about in my last posting. And  we don't go holidaying so much.....if we go outstation , it's for some  errand  or other  and  keeping an eye  on our  children, Not that they're  not independant   or  what  but  we  just want to make sure that they're all ok. But...the real reason is that we missed  them. As the title  suggests, I'm just about to talk about our holidays, Not so  far, just  nearby.  Since  our children is pestering  us  since January 2012, we  have to give in to them and to give ourselves a break.

The day that we've been  waiting for (Actually, the day that our children  have been waiting for) finally  arrived.............We set off from  home at  around   10.00  in the morning.  WE are supposed to meet our son Adib in Malacca. He'll be  taking a bus from  Shah  Alam. Normally it would  take roughly 2.5 - 3hrs for us to reach Malacca  but we stopped at the  R & R (Rest  stop) at Pagoh  for our Brunch and Zohor Prayers. It's just nice as  Adib would be taking the bus from  Shah Alam  at 1.00pm. We  met Adib at the Air Keroh Toll  area  at 2.30pm. Had lunch again  with Adib at Malacca  town  at checked  into the D Savoy Condo  at A Famosa  at around 4p.m. Don't be mistaken, we're not  going to the Famosa Waterwold, we have plans to check out the Malacca  Wonderland at Air  Keroh since my  children  have the discounted  tickets.

The  A Famosa Condo  is spacious and nice, we booked a  2 room apartment, just nice for my family of 5 persons. We stayed   2 nights  at A Famosa  Malacca.


My Daughter Nur and son Aib celebrated  their 19th and  24th  Birthday  respectively  at A famosa Condo.










The cake is a pfresent from their elder  brother Rafi (Middle).  Don't they make a nice  picture? So proud of them !!!









The Next  day,  we  had  free  breakfasts, courtesy of A Famosa  at the animal  world  Cafe. What a long lane that we have to go through, with our stomachs growling like there's no tomorrow, we forced ourselves to walk  down the winding lane. There's not much varieties  but the food  was ok nevertheless.





The Restaurant scene at the Aninal Safari Cafe. Reminds me of Chinatown shops .











Hubby enoying his cuppa. What I don't  like about the coffee and tea was the slow trickle as we waited for the cup to be filled. Gets yr temper up with the long queue,  each waiting for their drink.








Cool  Adib !!











After  Breakfast at the Animal Safari Cafe.  we went to check out the Malacca  Wonderland. I know  it's not as big as A Famosa  but since we haven't been  there, we just want to check it out. Not many choices, but well,  at least now we know what  it's like.



The Entrance to Malacca  Wonderland.














One of  The "Play Slides". Someone  got stuck in the middle tunnels, huhuhu.










The  Pool  near the Entrance of the Park,  a small section of this pool is the wave pool.











This is menu for the  hot drinks........hmmm, looks very appetising  but when I ordered "White coffee" priced  at RM 3.00............what do you think  I get ??









This  !!!!!  So dissappointing  lah !!!"










We  did not stay long at the Water Park, not worth our  time, only about  3 hours. Within that time, me and hubby  have consumed 2 cups of  coffee,  an ice cream, two packets of  snacks, some fish and chips. Buy the way some items displayed  in the menu were not available, like  french  fries, sandwiches, black tea, hot cocoa, cappicino..........etc........hmm...!!!


We decided to  have dinner at Umbai floating   restaurant, Lost our  way and reached Umbai  2 hrs later. Imagine !! It took us 2 hrs to travel  from Famosa  to Umbai. Have to  cancel our plans to walk down Jonker street at BAndar Hilir. Not being familiar with Malacca  Town, we don't  know  how long it'll take us from  Umbai to BAndar  Hilir.




The  restaurant  at  Umbai.  Food  not bad !!














Boiled cockles, the first  food to arrive besides the drinks, we finished  it before the other food arrived....not that we're piranhas  but the food was really slow in coming.





Then on the 3rd day, it was off to Kuala Selangor.  Intended  to see the fireflies , We  have booked a chalet at the Firefly Park Resort . But when we reached there (First time for us), it was a real dissappointmnet, The place seems mismanaged and  all the Chalets (15 of them) seems so  run down and the water was so murky and  muddy. Lots of monkeys running around too. Oh, I like the monkey part but my hubby  don't, so we went off to look for another accomodation. Luckily we have not paid a deposit. I  guess they don't  care if we check in or not, they  didn't  even call  to re-confirm  our booking. In the  end we booked a small hotel, Sun Inn, we got a nice family room.





The  corridor  to our room at the Sun Inn.









At around  7.30pm.  we went for dinner. It have started to  rain   the Sun Inn  staffs  told us that  no fireflies would be out  if it's raining. Owwww.............How frustrating !!! We came all the way to Kuala Selangot and now we can't see the fireflies ??  My Heart was aching so bad....really wanted to see the fireflies. Anyway, we went for dinner  at  a stall. Service was very bad.  The girl  don't even know what is a lemon when I ordered  lemonade. I felt so silly descibing a lemon to her.  My hubby ordered  coffee with goats
 milk,  the waitress said they have it but when we asked what brand it is, she said the beverage doesn't have a brand. Really??  Anyway,  I told my family that we go to Kg. Kuantan (The place  of the fireflies)  to have a look at  the jetty  although we can't see the fireflies. But when we got there, there were a few tourists  and the boatmen told us that since the rain had stopped, there would be fireflies. I whooped for joy (Not physically, mind you), we rented a boat, It;s  just nice for 4 persons (My elder son had gone back home as his leave for another  day was not approved) and the boatman.  The boat is manually maneuvered and it was a peaceful and serene ride. We get to see our fireflies after all !!!





At the Jetty

















One Of The  Boats.








Well  , our trip to Kuala  Selangor  was really satisfying. We came across  another interesting  stall on the way back (also in Kuala  Selangor)  . It 's  " Drive Thru" Cendol  stall. The Cendol wqs really  deicious  with many variesties.




The  Drive  Thru Entrance.


















The Menu displaying  the various   flavours  of the Cendol.












Tada !! I chose the simplest variety, real delicious, regretted  buying only  1 ............








Now, we're on the way to Shah Alam, want to visit I-City pulak....and also   to visit my son Adib's "hometown".......since he's  been  staying in Shah Alam for almost  5 yrs, we say it's his hometown.
We checked into Intekma Resort , our normal "Port", as usual we went out for dinner at about 7.30p.m., then to Alam Sentral to buy some food and  sundries, then to I-City, also a first for us.






Lots of Lights at I-City.












Couldn't resist  taking  a picture.
















My Daughter Nur.











The Big Ferris Wheel which they called the Giant  Wheel  at I-City.

























Although  it's only 4 days ,  and we only holidayed in Malaysia, we had a great time, especially  when we got all my 3 children together.
You know how hard it is to get them all  together as the  date of their holidays are different. Hope you readers are not  bored to death  reading this blog.


HAPPY  NEW YEAR  TO EVERYONE AND MAY THE NEW YEAR BRING YOU  A BETTER BEGINNING  AND MAY WHAT YOU WISH FOR COME TRUE  !!!








2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thank you so much, However I am encountering troubles with
    your RSS. I don't know the reason why I cannot join it. Is there anybody getting the same RSS problems? Anyone that knows the solution can you kindly respond? Thanks!!
    my web page - transfer news

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello friend, tks so much for yr positive response, makes me want to write other blog....soon, once I Catch my writing bug..BY the way, I'm not so pc savvy, don't know what is RSS. Do I hv to do something to my settings? Hope to learn something here......

    ReplyDelete