Thursday, August 13, 2009

Visit To Kampung Orang Asli - Kuala Masai



Monday 10.08.09 was a special day for me. It's the first time that I had the opportunity to visit the Orang Asli 'sVillage (Kampung) at Kuala Masai. Me and my friends from Badan kebajikan Saudara Kita's Nasyid group were fortunate enough to be invited to perform for these orang asli by PERKIM-JB during their "Lawatan dan Dakwah" to this so called Village.

My first impression of this Village was a very peaceful vilage. The surau was facing the river. Quite a wide river. These orang aslis are shy people. When we arrived, no one came out of their small houses. Only a small girl was there to stare at us. I felt like a trepasser. Shortly, little by little, they came out when the announcer called and cajouled them out with promises of free food. games and presents. We were proud to associate with them. Although their lifestyles are very different from ours, they are willing to learn and join in the games . After performing the nasyid, there were questionaires for them on Islam. Although their answers were not very accurate, they are willing to put up their hands to answer. During zohor prayers, they were taught on how to take ablutions (wuduk) and pray. Anyway, I think most of them knows how to pray. ALLAH is GREAT.

The games for them included colouring for the children and outdoor games for adults and children.....All in all, it was quite exciting for all of us. I love this place except there's dogs here and we have to be careful not to step on the dog poo...................... I wish we have more opportunities like these in future............




On the Left here is the jetty which the orang asli used ot get to their boats (sampans) or go for a dive.









These orang asli children enjoying themselves in the river.





On the Left here are the orang asli women being taught on how to take theie ablution (Wuduk).










On the left here is the nasyid group with the PERKIM People in front.















Some of the orang aslis.




The children of the orang asli.






4 comments:

  1. Salam Salina,
    Wow what an adventure for you huh! You're right.. the village looks so peaceful.I guess it must be nice if you need to relax and get away from the hustle bustle of city living!..Can they understand you? And are they all Muslims? How is it that they have dogs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, most of them can understand us but some of them speak malay in a funny accent but I can still understand them, more than I can understand the Kelantanese whom I can't understand at all !!! Some of them are not muslim but during the questions and answers I'm surprised that ont of the children can answer an islamic question, the PERKIM people gave her an ayat of ALLAH but when they found out she's a non-muslim, they exchanged the ayat for another present. I think the dogs are strays or it's the non-muslim's pets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW . bahagianya keluarga ini . Semoga Allah memberkati keluarga ini buat selama-lamanya .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ye, Insya'allah kami akan di berkati Allah S.W.T selama nya. We stick together thru thick & thin !!

    ReplyDelete