Syukur Alhamdulillah, saya diberi peluang untuk mengambil bahagian dalam Sukan Saudara Baru kali ini. Although badan tidak mengizinkan untuk mengambil bahagian dalam sukan lasak macam badminton, saya masih boleh main carrom walaupun doubles sahaja. Saya ingin nak main singles tapi apa daya, Nama orang lain dah masuk dulu.
Our Badminton Ladies's Doubles in action.
Our Team "Badan Kebajikan Saudara Kita-Johor Bahru were all looking forward towards the Sports Meet from 11-13.06.10 (Friday until Sunday). Although it means that we have to miss our classes, we are willing to sacrifice and make an effort to win the trophy. I received a call from one of the Organiser that the bus will start off from Komplex Islam-JB at 10.30a.m.( On 11.6.10) instead of 2.00p.m. as was originally planned.
I was ok with that as I think I can't wait till 2.00p.m. Hehe. As there was nobody to send me to the waiting venue, I took a cab. Costs me RM 20.00. It's ok with me since the joy of taking part is greater than RM 20.00. I reached Komplex Islam at 10.00a.m. I thought I was the first to arrive as everybody was always late for other trips.......but surprise, surprise.....many of them were already waiting. We received our sports T-shirt (Blue.....how come it's always blue...) before going into the bus.
On the Left here is our Banner. .I thought we'll be taking off early but had to wait for someone who had to rush back from Malacca. At least she made it. Better late than never, right? We finally took off for Bandar Penawar at 11.10a.m. The driver drove at a leisurely pace and we reached the Sports School at Bandar Penawar-JB at around 1.15p.m. It was the first time that I set foot on this lovely school, well what do you expect, I'm not an athlete......We were told to leave our bags in the bus first and take our lunch. Good! My tummy had been growling grumpily since morning as I've not had my breakfast yet.....(Too excited to eat anything). We had rice, veges and fish sambal....edible but could be better. We were given a "lecture" on the venue of our accomodation etc. It was so agonising to know that we have to climb hundreds of steps to the Girls' Hostel.....hello, I'm afraid my arthristic legs would protest and refuse to bulge at the end of 3 days....
Our Team Lining Up on the first Day.
But I supposed being a sports school, no Athletes would complain. After lunch, we went back into the bus, hoping that the kindly driver could send us to the road behind so we would not have to climb those torturous steps, but unfortunately , the road behind is too narrow for heavy vehicles......huhu....we took our bags and started the climb.
Our Carrom Singles Champ taking Aim.
After about hundreds of steps , we arrived at our hostel, out of breath. I liked the hostel, though, very spacious, with air-condition but I was told that the air-cond is centralised and would only be switched in after 10.00p.m. that night. But one thing which I don;t like was having to go to the comfort room outside........We had our rest and are supposed to go down to the hall at 4.30p.m. for our tea and briefing.
Our Boisterous Participants cum Cheerers.
We were told that the games would start at 8.30p.m. after dinner. I took the easy way out by taking Sara's car to and fro from hostel to hall sometimes. Tks, Sara.........Although carrom also starts at 8.30p.m., I had to wait for the singles to compete first before the doubles had their turn. Got to play 2 games that Friday night....won 2 matches. Yay!!
The games finished quite late on the first night, about 12.00a.m....After cleaning up, we got ready for bed. It was then that I asked my friend Raesah whether she brought her hairdressing items as she is a hairdresser and she answered in the affirmative, so what better time to cut my hair.........imagine, cutting my hair at 1.30a.m. in the morning...Finished cutting my hair about 2.00a.m., being a coward, I asked Raesah to accompany me.
Our Team With The Consolation Prizes...The Main Prizes will be awarded in the Final Ceremony.....
It was so quiet and eerie, I supposed everyone is asleep. Suddenly we heard one of the toilets being flushed...............I asked Raesah "who's inside" and she said "ghost!!", we waited but nobody came out...so we "cabut" lah.....so scary.....
Waiting To Receive The 1st - 4th Prizes........
The next 2 days was full of suspense and tension as we fought with our opponents who were quite good in the various categories. The last game was the Badminton Men's Doubles. We, the supporters were so tense watching the game, Jb against B.Pahat. At last it was over and we're so happy that JB won the Badminton men's doubles, men's singles and all the girls either were champions or runner-ups in ping pong, chess and carrom. Yahoo !!
The Field where we're supposed to stand while the winners receive their prizes.
The Closing ceremony was held in the afternoon at 3.00p.m. at the Venue of the Football field. It was quite grand and they even shot off lots of confettis and they was a helicopter bringing in the Banner. Okay, helicopter on remote control...but still a helicopter.....I love it...JB brought home the Trophy, Yay....Syabas, BKSK-JB.
The Helicopter Bringing in the Banner during The final Ceremony...Wow....
BKSK-JB is the Champ......Yay !!!!.......That's all Folks.....Pls Comment........













No comments:
Post a Comment