Sunday, June 21, 2009

ALHAMDULILLAH-PRAISE BE TO ALLAH, IT'S OVER.........FOR NOW

Assalamualaikum and peace upon my friends and all those who sacrificed precious time to read my blog. As mentioned earlier, we were practicing past few days for our nasyid (Islamic choir), although abeit individually. I meant most of the time we practised at home, that means only twice together for these 2 songs. We sang Marhaban cindai and Junjungan Mulia . I could download the 2nd song from the internet but for Marhaban Cindai I don't know where they got the tune and lirics from. On the left here, you can see us here on a last minute practise. I'm sitting on the right........see my tudung, like cobra head.......others can wear it perfectly !


Here we are, performing during PERKIM-WANITA-JB's Maulidur Rasul. Yours truly standing behind, third from left. See that lady on the utmost left, must hv lost her way.......she's not from our nasyid. The lady in front, green baju kurung is Ustazah Narima, the one who taught us these 2 songs, got to know her only this month. Powerful voice, she has, totally covered out out "tuneless" and "out of tune" voices. Well, we hv not exactly perfected the songs as we only learned it last week. Wondered who took the pictures? Well, got no choice but to pass the camera to my classmate, an Indonesian lady who hv never held a camera before !! Well, what to do, no others friends here.

The next day (today-21.06.09), we peformed at a mosque in Tampoi-JB for kenwood which held Maulud Nabi here. Today, we don;t hv Ustzh. Narima to help us with our vocals, we definitely sang out of tune (a bit) as some notes were very high. Shh, don't tell others, during the high notes, the words got stuck in my throat !!
Must be a habit in JB to hold Maulud Nabi so late. Wonder about other States, though, whether they hv their Maulidur Rasul right on time or few months later like some Companies/NGOs in JB. This picture was taken by an amatuer also, a student who is too lazy to get up, so she took the photo sitting down. I'm behind, 2nd from left. Good that I'm standing behind, isn't it.........can't really notice my size........LOL

1 comment:

  1. Salina..so wonderful of you to join the nasyid!!..I've never joined one before!!..Alhamdullillah things went well for you!
    Ps..you look nice in your uniform!!..He...he..
    Oh we've made the egg tarts..well my daughter did.It turned out well! Tq for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete