naive? I first notice lots of "kerengga" crawling along the branches of my beloved lemon tree. I didn't even notice their nest at first. After a few days, the number of ants increased. At a closer look, it seems a few leaves were entwined together with a sort of silk attached to them. My hubby laughed when I told him about it. You "town girl", don't you know that these kerengga build nests in the trees ?" "No, I don't, I thought they build ant hills.........." I searched the internet for more information. Do they really build nests that can span few trees. In that case , I think I'll cut off the stalk with the ant's nests on it before they kill my poor lemon tree. By the way, they've build more than 3 nests now..........On the left here is my small lemon tree.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
My Poor Lemon Tree Made A Home For Weaver Ants (Kerengga)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh, dear, poor you and your lemon tree! Yea, my mom likes lemonades too. Who doesn't? But that's good info to know about! I didn't know they built nests with leaves either! I just thought all ants built ant hills. Hohoho. You've got a cute tree though!
ReplyDelete