Monday, June 15, 2009

PRACTICING FOR NASYID !!

Hello guys and gals, this past week had been quite hectic for me, driving my mum to the dentist(sorry no pictures for that...........as I'm afraid some will freak out), hospital etc. Last Thursday night, my friend from our muslim converts group messaged me to come and join them for their "marhaban" practice as they don't hv enough girls for PERKIM's maulud nabi on 20.06.09. Unfortunately, I told her that I'm not good in "salawat" but she said" tak apa lah, kami semua belajar", so , I went for the practice. But the practice was not the "salawat" that I thought we're supposed to sing but instead we're practicing songs (about prophet Muhamad P.B.U.H) and my friend told me we're also practicing for the nasyid group...........that means in future if there's any functions, we hv to practise singing new and old songs. Horrors ! I'm not good in singing ! I told them I'm not good in singing and she said practice makes perfect............but being a committee member of the Muslim Convert's Association, I feel obliged to help them and take part.........Help ! I've to practise more. So, on the next practice, that is sunday, I brought a tape recorder (Borrowed from my daughter since I don't have one, never felt the need for one) to record that song . I pray I can memorise the lyrics and tunes in 5 days time !! LOL.

4 comments:

  1. Oh..how good of you!!..Well good luck...Remember to rest your voice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Salina,
    Just wanted to tell you that my daughter has added your blog to hers.She said she'll read yours whenever she can.She says you sound intersting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tks little sparrow for yr comment, and yr time for reading my humble message. By the way, may I know yr name? Also tks to Jamilah for introducing yr daughter to my blog, hope she can introduce more people from my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salina..little sparrow is my daughter.Her name is Nur Jalilah.Call her Lily!!

    ReplyDelete