Yesterday, 23.06.09, me and my other half attended The Johor Secondary School's Band Competition at the Pasir Gudang Stadium. Normally we don't spend time on these functions but because our daughter is taking part, we are here to give her moral support. We arrived at around 2.15p.m. and it had yet to start although the programme mentioned at the school notice board said 2.00p.m........The crowd were mostly school children , here to support their schoolmates I presumed, oh, there's parents of course , but not many that I can see. As not many seats were available facing the show, poor me with my arthritis legs (well not exactly but not as healthy legs either) have to climb right up the stairs to the top.
I could have totally enjoyed the show if not for some obnoxious students yelling their heads off...........I could hardly hear what was announced............do they think it's a yelling competition or what,no doubt they're supporting the school mates but pls, hv some consideration and respect for the elders (ahem, like me........). I might say the competition was quite stiff. My daughter's school (SIGS) came out 2nd, last year, they were first.....sob, sob.......but in a way, I'm grateful, it means less practise, more concentration on studies (Don't let my daughter read this blog).............. I've posted some pictures here, and a video of my daughter's school band, this time I only took a short one, in case I can't download it.

hi, well its along story really. my father had 2 wives and the first one being chinese thus my brother and my sisters have that chinese features. while my birth mother also has chinese lineage some where. anyways the reason i speak mandarin is because i went to a chinese primary and secondary school and secara kebetulan its in JB in stulang laut. aite im really glad you enjoy watching mr siao's class and hope you keep supporting us.
ReplyDelete